PDA

View Full Version : ... 26 Character CD Key? O,O

mintymix
07-16-2008, 01:09 AM
Hey everyone! Recently I decided to start playing D2 again, but my CD drive wasn't working so I decided to download the game files from blizzard.com. Everything went fine until I began to install the game files...

Here's my problem: The D2 Installer required me to input my name AND a "26 character CD-key from the game's CD case."... Uh, counting the letters and the numbers that make up my CD-key from my D2 CD case, there are only 16 characters!

... Is there another CD-key I'm supposed to look for? Or perhaps Blizzard up'ed the number of letters/numbers in a CD-key? (My disc was brought around 4-5 years ago) Or is this a D2 Installer glitch?

Please help! Thanks all!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/eLeMeNt4l/techhelp.jpg

dainbramage
07-16-2008, 06:57 AM
Did you try just entering the 16-digit key? I suspect it's a typo (lol). I just checked, my key is 16 digits also. 26 also doesn't correspond to an x bit encryption.

pro
07-19-2008, 06:31 AM
Probably just a typo, and diablo was released in 1999 or so, so your key should be up to date.

gN-subleader
07-23-2008, 08:19 AM
here is a website i will give u. i had d2 installed in my pc. but i needed d2 loader and the files of my expansion disk. but since it was broken. i had to install the whole diablo

so i installed it and copied the files to my d2 folder.and it works

www.isohunt.com

download it off from BT
and it will work 100% sure
no virus or anything like. pure save

BoldBrian
07-28-2008, 11:39 PM
O.o whats up with the backround o.o

Mine doesent look like that

@3
07-29-2008, 07:28 AM
Yeah, what kind of installer is that?

Infernonyc
08-30-2008, 05:39 PM
I have the same exact problem, not sure what to do. I typed in the 16 digit code, but it didn't work >.>

pekechinuseast
09-30-2008, 08:04 PM
The answer to this question may annoy you once you find it out but here it goes. A downloaded game from the the blizzard store gets a new cd key after you input yours because the new digital and box sets have 26 character cd keys. On the add game screen on the store website you will add a game and then see the game appear underneath in that box their is a button that says view cd key your new digital key is there. Doesn't that suck.

Extacy
05-06-2009, 02:12 AM
if you already have the LOD cd key you can go to battle.net you can create an account select the game then type in your cd key then select manage then select download download that and then run the installer and when it asks for the 26 key code, you go to manage and the code will be right next to the image copy and paste it into the slot on the installer.....this works i just did it

James1
02-06-2010, 01:16 AM
YTP726GH4VTXVDYNXTW7N7FDBH this is for diablo 2 but ive been looking for the cdkey for the expansion that is also 26 letters

Vhmetalx
02-06-2010, 06:16 PM
i did this.
you go to blizzard and make a bnet account, then "add a game" at which point you give it you cdkey from case. then it will give you 26 char cd key