PDA

View Full Version : whats the best weap for a barb usin 2 weaps? i've heard lw/grief..ebotd/beast..

DEBUCSOWN
01-03-2008, 09:05 PM
My barb uses lw/grief axes..and it doesnt seem like I do all that much damage..plus they are so annoying to repair..any opinions appreciated

Wallenberg
01-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Long title and most will tell you Grief/Beast.

IMO, that's the best way or Botd / Beast

DEBUCSOWN
01-03-2008, 09:39 PM
which do u think does the most damage? and how much are ebotdz or a beast zerker? doesnt lw or grief do more then beast?

Dlav123
01-03-2008, 10:01 PM
most dmg is beast/botd

Ptolemy
01-03-2008, 10:06 PM
I like Grief Berseker Axe, with maybe a Beast Berserker Axe for Player Versus Player. Don't use Doom however, the Holy Freeze is really bad manners.

Ebotdz is a great weapon, and so is Beast, Grief, Last Wish...

My opinion is to use Beast Berserker Axe and a Grief or Ebotdz.

DEBUCSOWN
01-03-2008, 10:23 PM
well i used a ber'ed ss for dueling..isnt beast worth less then lw and grief?

Immortal_Daemon
01-03-2008, 10:24 PM
If you get a fast enough Grief, then Grief + Beast = most damage.

However, Ebotdz has some nice mods on it, so don't rule it out.
Use whichever will benefit you most. Damage isn't everything.

OGKush
01-03-2008, 10:27 PM
My barb uses Ebotdz+Beastz and does really well. Just use what you think is best and what you can afford.

saracen85
01-04-2008, 01:08 AM
pvp or pvm? if it's the latter, grief/lawbringer will cut thru monsters like butter =)

MadMardegan
01-04-2008, 01:15 AM
I don't undertand why people use LW for pvm on barbs. Gried/Beast IS the highest damaging combination

Barloc
01-04-2008, 01:20 AM
I don't undertand why people use LW for pvm on barbs.

Vs uber's with frenzy---crushing blow simply owns.

Gried/Beast IS the highest damaging combination

Yup, #1 for ww barbs but ebotdz/griefz does work well.

MadMardegan
01-04-2008, 01:27 AM
For ubers ofc but for pvm there are much better options.

DEBUCSOWN
01-04-2008, 04:58 AM
so for pvm best combo is probably ebotdz + beast or grief + beast?

Barloc
01-04-2008, 05:06 AM
well, if your ww then yeah. I like ebotdz / beastz for leach, damage and fast conc/zerk when appropriate. Greif/beast I like for pvp damage, leach isn't needed.

(but in the end I'm ww ebotdz + shield for pvm, greifz/beastz for pvp and griefz + shield for BvB)

DEBUCSOWN
01-04-2008, 05:30 AM
yeah im ww...and i do the most combined definitely with beast + ebotdz..but lw + grief ignores target defense..so obviously the damage looks way worse but igt is huge..so im still not sold on which of the 4 to use..i have all 4 and i have a ber'ed ss too..im so confused lol

Barloc
01-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Well I do not have lw. I have ebotdz, beast and grief. I'm not confused about which of those I like to use and when, since I don't "feel" any other major benefits of grief, other then the lack of leach which would cause me to want to make different ring/ammy choices-blah. O and the fact that ebotdz doesn't need repair.

If your thinkin shield, then ebotdz single imo. Going shielded is just for safety - your killing
speed is greatly reduced tho.

I've no real desire for LW, mainly because I prefer builds that are end-game built for pvp/bvb and LW doesn't fit the bill.

In the end, your choice matters only to you and your personal preference. Since you have all 4, can't you tell which ones you like?

DEBUCSOWN
01-04-2008, 09:00 PM
well i just know i want whatever does the most damage and kills quickest..i do miss mana leech without the ebotdz, but i have an insight for my merc..he had holy freeze but since i stopped using lw i now have an offensive merc so he has might too..but since i have mana leech i might a well get an infinity instead of insight

N V
01-04-2008, 09:07 PM
IGT only works on normal monsters and champions and such. it doesnt work in pvp (at least not 100%), and does not work on act bosses. i dont think it works on superuniques either.

Barloc
01-05-2008, 01:15 AM
well i just know i want whatever does the most damage and kills quickest..i do miss mana leech without the ebotdz, but i have an insight for my merc..he had holy freeze but since i stopped using lw i now have an offensive merc so he has might too..but since i have mana leech i might a well get an infinity instead of insight

Reapers toll is also an awesome merc weapon due to decrepify. Decrepify lowers monsters physical damage resistance, which allows you to do a HUGE amount of extra damage. It slows monsters similar to Holy Freeze, and it makes PI (physical immune) monsters no longer immune while the curse is up.

I use a Might merc with it. Although the ebotd warpike was good for the merc, I find toll on him much better for me:)

DEBUCSOWN
01-05-2008, 06:11 AM
i got a perf doom for my merc today..i think it does like 1095 damage :D

safetypro
01-07-2008, 04:18 PM
First off, there is nothing wrong with your weapon selection. Unfortunately, the Lying Character Screen (LCS) does not list the Grief Damage. I'll assume that you have done the calculations and know how much off weapon Increased Attack Speed you need to achieve your fastest swing. Make sure you arm Grief first to take advantage of it's faster speed. The suggestion of Beast as your second weapon is a good one as well. The fanaticism will help you achieve the fastest Attack Frame rate and deal additional damage.

The best Dual Wielding combination for a Barb that I have seen was with Swords. Primary used eBOTDCB and eDeathCB and switch used GriefPB and LawbringerPB. The Dual Leach and raw damage from eBOTD and eDeath was massive and the high chance to cast decrepify with Lawbringer and the high damage from Grief complemented the Primary for use with Physical Immunes really well.

Barloc
01-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Safety, what your saying sounds like frenzy options, and the OP is a WW barb. (edeathcb will not hit ww breakpoints, fanatasism doesn't help ww speed, and decrepify won't cast with ww attacks)

uh funny we just hitting the same subjects across forums lol.

wilderhund
01-10-2008, 09:13 PM
how do mods on two weapons work? is it only for that weapon?

for instance, if i have 50% CB on both weapons (and none anywhere else) does it give me 100% chance or just 50% chance on both swings?

Yes, i know CB is crap for dueling, it's just an example i thought of.

saracen85
01-10-2008, 11:49 PM
how do mods on two weapons work? is it only for that weapon?

for instance, if i have 50% CB on both weapons (and none anywhere else) does it give me 100% chance or just 50% chance on both swings?

Yes, i know CB is crap for dueling, it's just an example i thought of.

it's counted separately, just like damage and ar on two different weapons.

Todd
01-11-2008, 07:47 AM
IGT only works on normal monsters and champions and such. it doesnt work in pvp (at least not 100%), and does not work on act bosses. i dont think it works on superuniques either.

ITD you mean

It only works on Normal monsters not Champs or Higher so No 100% chance to hit Those pallys ;D

and No it doesnt work in PvP Imo its a pretty useless mod : /

wilderhund
01-11-2008, 08:38 AM
it's counted separately, just like damage and ar on two different weapons.

and what about x% chance to cast y.... same deal?

saracen85
01-11-2008, 09:32 AM
yes.

safetypro
01-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Safety, what your saying sounds like frenzy options, and the OP is a WW barb. (edeathcb will not hit ww breakpoints, fanatasism doesn't help ww speed, and decrepify won't cast with ww attacks)

uh funny we just hitting the same subjects across forums lol.

My mistake. I thought he was Frenzy as he did not specify in the opening post. I assumed...LOL and you what happens when you assume.:eek:
Yes it is funny. Did you get my reply regarding the eth Oath Small Crescent?