PDA

View Full Version : A POWERFUL/GODLY Char

Trueballerisme
02-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Im starting D2 LOD up again and wasnt sure what char has become very skilled. I think im going to go with a trap sin, or maybe a summoner necro. Any recommendations or guides?

kwittstruck
02-20-2008, 11:16 PM
There are plenty of great guides in the guides part of the forum, Ive followed a few of them and so far, really great charactors. asside from whats there, try google. :) have fun

Omnicide
02-21-2008, 01:36 AM
Not much has changed...choose whichever you like.

Hdins/sorcs/summoners/trapsins and such for MFing and the like...

Then a whole ton for PvP.

Habit88
02-21-2008, 02:57 AM
i always start up a new season or coming back from quiting with a dual element sorc. just for the tele without needing enigma. then find good stuff, trade, start new char. just my 2cents.

Haxorz
02-21-2008, 03:04 AM
If u have gear already i think the best starting char is a well made hammerdin. Nice life, to much dmg, res, pretty hard to die if u know how to play and can do runs and mf.

Omnicide
02-21-2008, 04:47 PM
So can a well made sorc.

In fact, any well made character can handle PvM easily.

Habit88
02-21-2008, 05:05 PM
^^words of wisdom.

N V
02-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Actually, a well made sorc can run most areas faster than hammerdin due to how you need to aim. On top of that you got faster tele ;)

Omnicide
02-21-2008, 05:16 PM
If you can manage the right elements and have a decent merc...you can run areas an hdin can, too.

safetypro
02-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Lets be practical here. You probably won't have a bunch of high end gear so the godly characters like dual elemental Sorc's, Lite sorc and Hammerdin all which don't perform very well without godly gear are out. That said, I'd recommend a Summon Necromancer because it's gear requirements would be a bunch less.
There is one other build that you might try. It's a Druid Summon/Werebear Hybrid that I authored a guide for called the Town Dump Werebear. The guide is in the Druid Forum. It can be built fairly inexpensively and performs very well in Hell. Once you accumulate some wealth, then the aforementioned characters would be easier to build.

Omnicide
02-21-2008, 05:30 PM
I've actually used sorcs and hdins as first characters on ladder and did relatively well in hell...nothing above rares. O_o;

Habit88
02-21-2008, 05:46 PM
^^im with you my dual element sorcs do fine with rares when the ladder resets. it has alot to do with playing strategy and tactics not just gear.

Omnicide
02-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Exactly.

I used perfect gems to my advantage at the start of ladder and got all the way up to hell with them. With an hdin and sorc. Says a lot. O:

Habit88
02-21-2008, 06:11 PM
yeah i hate when people(more so in pvp) build a cookie cutter with "godly"(ugh i hate that word) gear and go out and get owned, then start crying because their "godly gear" let them down.

Omnicide
02-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Eh...PvM requires different things than PvP.

But, in general, PvP characters should do ok in PvM.

unearth
02-24-2008, 08:22 PM
i would say try an es/orb , good damage and all you really need is an insight to stay alive witch is fairly inexspensive.

DarkPrinceLoki
02-25-2008, 06:57 PM
try an inferno/cold orb sorc, fury/rabies werewolf, towndump werebear, or even a dethwalker necro........ they are all pretty cheap and easy to build.

@3
02-25-2008, 07:18 PM
I've actually used sorcs and hdins as first characters on ladder and did relatively well in hell...nothing above rares. O_o;

Think 60% of new chars on ladder are sorcs, hehe

Easily the easiest/best char to start from scratch with

dainbramage
02-26-2008, 05:55 AM
Easiest to solo untwinked (say get to guardian) IMO:

Summon nec
trapsin
h-din
dual-element sorc.

If you plan on area running, the sorc comes out on top for tele, then trapsin, then hdin and finally the necro.

Orbit Hero
02-26-2008, 06:02 AM
why trapsin? i never saw them as much of a pvm char...

saracen85
02-26-2008, 07:31 AM
why trapsin? i never saw them as much of a pvm char...

it's one of the easier pvm builds.. most of the +skills items can be easily shopped ie no need to get godly gear to finish the game. even infinity =P

DG.Havok
02-26-2008, 05:35 PM
it's one of the easier pvm builds.. most of the +skills items can be easily shopped ie no need to get godly gear to finish the game. even infinity =P

and you dont do anything but lay down traps, summon a shadow and MB. so its relatively safe and pretty boring. i actually started this ladder with a trapsin just cause i didn't feel like using a sorc. damage on trapsins can get up there pretty easily without much gear. but they only really tear up nm and the first 3 chapters of hell then it gets more difficult cause of the LIs.

saracen85
02-27-2008, 01:28 AM
and you dont do anything but lay down traps, summon a shadow and MB. so its relatively safe and pretty boring. i actually started this ladder with a trapsin just cause i didn't feel like using a sorc. damage on trapsins can get up there pretty easily without much gear. but they only really tear up nm and the first 3 chapters of hell then it gets more difficult cause of the LIs.

i beg to differ. it's because fireblast is a powerful backup skill.
usually people would max the 4 lightning skills, but those who wish to have a viable backup attack, max fireblast instead of a fourth lightning skill.

~3k average fire damage is pretty powerful, enough to get that first kill among LIs for DS to trigger. not to mention it'll increase DS's number of shots =)

dainbramage
02-27-2008, 03:08 AM
Why trapsin?

-Two elements (lightning traps/fireblast)
-Death sentry
-Fade for easy resists
-Death sentry
-3 crowd control skills (including your summonable tank)
-Death sentry
-There is no.... rule 7
-Death sentry

I started ladder with one, 100% untwinked I had 3k trap damage and 1.6k fireblast damage at ~level 85, maxed resistances in hell, 10 frame traplaying, 11 frame mindblast. Excellent pit runner (yes without teleport), outfitted my sorc very nicely.