PDA

View Full Version : uber meph is a ****

barbsarebest
03-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Hey all

So i finally got to uber tristram.

Diablo & Baal are chumps....i demolished them both with very little effort.
Then Mephisto literally 1 hit kills me??? took him about 2 seconds.

So i tried again.....with exactly the same results.over and over and over again no matter what gear i tried or what tactics i used he just put me over his knee and spanked me hard.

does anybody have any hints or help regarding this *******?

just by the way im using a lvl88 fz pally

Gear :

guillaume's face
enigma
grief pb
spirit sheild
string of ears
laying of hands
goblin toe
+1 pally ammy
2 x ravenfrosts / raven + soj

seriously guys any help would really be appreciated

Rancor
03-26-2010, 10:24 AM
You need super high resistance for Meph because his conviction aura nukes it by 100 plus points. Secondly Meph uses cold and light so try using Thundergods belt for the light absorb, RF ring, and Wisp Projector ring for even more light absorb. Get a Treachery armor and get Fade active before fighting him or use a Last Wish for Fade. Also your gonna need Life Tap so either use the LW and Dracul's Grasp gloves, or a wand that has Life Tap charges to cast along with the Drac's (I prefer the later).

You should have no more problems after that... well at least not as much
I hope that helps some

jonferrari
03-26-2010, 02:40 PM
How did you manage to get that gear on sp??

N V
03-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Aye Meph is a pain if you don't have your res sorted.

You need to take both hell diff and his aura into account, both lowering res by 100 I think. So you need like 275 res just to be maxed. Add a bit of +max res, some abs and perhaps stack a little bit extra to be on the safe side.

You may want to try getting an armor with more res on over enigma. Depending on the armor, you can easily gain between 30-75 more res only with the armor slot.

Rancor
03-26-2010, 04:58 PM

Actually I haven't tried on SP but I imagine it would take forever lol.

Also I forgot to mention that that you should be using Chains of Honor for the extra 65 resist and either a Metalgrid or Mara's Kaleidoscope for even more resist. Yes resist is that important when it comes to Meph. With Fade, CoH, and one of those amulets you'll have around 150 more resist. Damage reduction doesn't play a big role when fighting Meph so no worries on that end.

Try all that and see how it goes, should make all the difference.

gl

Omnicide
03-26-2010, 09:09 PM
FZ pally? O_o Frozen Zeal?

I made a guide for an uber smiter/pvm hdin that could be of some help....at the very least on the uber trist parts. Just apply them to your zealer.

barbsarebest
03-29-2010, 06:47 AM

i use plugy

FZ pally? O_o Frozen Zeal? .

fanatizism zealer

anyhow i cheated a bit and swapped his skills around with plugy to see what would work and salvation seems to be the answer....

The Master Of Baal
03-30-2010, 04:37 AM
Nothing important.

[/edit]

Omnicide
03-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Don't advertise in another person's thread.

Lunon
04-05-2010, 01:52 PM
The same gear as you mentioned, except for the amulet and Enigma. Change the amulet to HL, Enigma to CoH, and stick a 15 ias jewel in the Guillaume's. This way, with a Grief PB, you'll be able to Smite at max speed (6 fpa) with Salvation running, buffing up your resists. Or you could also choose to max Conviction, and have it running instead of Salvation. It cancels Meph's aura, giving the same effect.

tyrosoca123
04-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Well the only way i have found able to kill meph was with my lvl 86 werewolf druid and the help of my friends lvl 78 summoning/cursing necromancer. He uses the curse lifetap with a few skeles and it works good for me.

o yea and im not a experienced uberer so this is the only combo that i have found that was cheap in gear wise.

N V
04-06-2010, 08:28 PM
A smiter is very cheap and can solo all three ubers as well. I believe there is some guides here on the forum for some cheap uber setups, and if not I'm 100% sure google has the answers for one. ;)

barbsarebest
04-13-2010, 09:16 AM
The same gear as you mentioned, except for the amulet and Enigma. Change the amulet to HL, Enigma to CoH, and stick a 15 ias jewel in the Guillaume's. This way, with a Grief PB, you'll be able to Smite at max speed (6 fpa) with Salvation running, buffing up your resists. Or you could also choose to max Conviction, and have it running instead of Salvation. It cancels Meph's aura, giving the same effect.

slow down...im not that rich. the enigma and grief were given to me by a friend along with a botdz, a fury pb and a hoj pb. so apart from those those i dnt hav any other expensive rw's.

im managing alright now though...iv changed my ammy for seraph's hymn and goblin toe for goreriders (both recent finds) and Guillaume's for shako. as long as salvation is running he doesn't give me a problem, just takes a lil longer for him to drop.