2 Angelic Rings
Last Wish Berserker Axe
Beast Berserker Axe
Fortitude
Gore Riders
Trang-Oul's Belt
Dracs

Switch weapons are 2 WC Glaives

I've got an anni, a barb torch, some WC charms, Resist all charms, FHR charms, and some +life charms in my inventory.

I was using Verdungo's Belt with a Cham'd Arreats, but for some reason I would get frozen every once and a while??? Not sure why. Haven't had that problem with the Trang's belt. Doesn't really seem to matter much. I also keep a few ORT runes to repair my weapons and a couple RAL runes to repair the Fortitude. Normally my axes will last for one Uber run before I have to repair them. The Fortitude would last for several, but I always go in with it freshly repaired.

Skills

Maxed
Double Swing
Frenzy
Battle Orders
Axe Mastery

1 point
Bash
Double Throw
Iron Skin
Natural Resistance
Howl
Shout
Battle Command

Rest
Taunt

I keep Double Swing on left click and Frenzy on right.

I've killed the Ubers in Tristram 9 times with this barb. I usually solo them while my friends wait in town. I did one game with 5 players in the game and never got killed. Out of the 9 times I've done it, I've probably been killed about a dozen times. I remember one game I got killed like 4 times. It was crazy. I've made a couple runs where I didn't even drink a single potion. I've also had runs where I've ran through a whole belt of Full rejuvs. Seems like everytime is different.

Usually I'll go run around in the Worldstone Keep until I cast Fade, then I'll go into Uber Tristram. I lure Mephisto out first, then whip a skeleton or two, then go to work on him. Usually once I have him life tapped, he's toast, but sometimes I'll get all "desyncd???" and everything on my computer moves wicked slow, like 1 frame at a time. That's the only way I get killed. I've found that when that happens, I can run away and then everything will catch back up, then I can kill about 40 skeletons, then get back to work on Mephisto again.
Once Mephisto is dead, I usually just make a mad run back into the center and fight Diablo and Baal at the same time. Neither one has ever given me any problems.

Normally from the time I open the portal until I've killed all three is about 5-10 minutes.

I also use this character for killing Lillith, Izual, and Duriel. I use my hammer tosser, or a friend to clear the Furnace because of the Iron Maiden, but I come back with the Barb.

What are you guys using? Any tips, suggestions, other things I should try?

Omnicide
01-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Frenzy barbs are known for taking down ubers relatively well in the barb world...so you should be able to handle them.

Barloc has done it with a Conc barb, I remember. He said it was slower, but definitely capable.

As far as barbs go I've used a WW...just because it was the best character I had for them at the time.

Landau14
01-22-2008, 08:36 PM
The only thing you need are resist against Meph, Life tap, CB, enough IAS and some OW. You got it covered, so this is already good.
You don't really need to use Dracs if you have LW though

BO lvl after gear?

Ayliffe
01-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Although this is weird for a barb, id use CoH since you dont have a ton of res and the 300% dmg is useless against ubers.

Omnicide
01-22-2008, 10:51 PM
CoH does make sense. Doesn't it have a Damage to Demons mod, too? Or I might be thinking of something else.

RichardWeed
01-23-2008, 02:16 AM
200% damage to Demons infact.

SarG3
01-23-2008, 04:16 AM
I saved an old member's guide to an Uber frenzy barb and it was very good, atleast to me it was. I dont know if I should post it without his permission tho..

Busch
01-23-2008, 01:01 PM
BO lvl after gear?
BO lvl is 41
My Life is 5634 after orders.
I'm going to have a look at my character screen next time I'm fighting Mephisto. I'd like to know exactly what's going on with my resists. I'm pretty sure I'm sitting at 152 with Fade. I'm not sure what lvl Mephisto's conviction aura is.

I'll keep my eye open for CoH.

I tried to take on the Ubers with a lvl 91 whirlwind barb a while back. I took a wicked beating. Probably got killed 50 times before I finally got the job done. Took like 4 hours. I never would have been able to kill Mephisto if a summon necro wouldn't have joined the game. It was not pretty at all.

DG.Havok
01-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Meph's conviction reduces resists by -125%. So you have to have 300 res in total to have 75 res when your fighting meph.

And unfortunately, with the gear you have there + fade you would still get raped by meph. Definitely get a CoH and maybe some resist all gcs. You might also want to consider putting your torch on someone else but if not you can just do UT and bring in another character to grab the torch.

Landau14
01-24-2008, 01:27 PM
150? that's why too low. CoH sound great, as well as more point in NR maybe?
And Um'd Kira's will probably be over-doing, eh?

Raven
01-24-2008, 06:28 PM
You could put more into net res but it would be a waste of points. Its wont add enough to really make an impact. Res gear is whats needed.

Busch
01-24-2008, 10:54 PM
I managed to wrestle up a CoH. I also swapped a few charms around.
Now my resists are 202 with Fade.
BO is lvl 44
FHR is 88%
Attack Rating is 19103
Life is 5719

I'll post the results for this run.

The CoH seemed to work well. I solo'd Uber Tristram in 4 minutes 12 seconds. I did drink 4 juvies though. I had to drink 1 before I got Mephisto life tapped. I could have gotten by without drinking the other three, but Baal drained my mana a few times. Since I was only carrying full juvies, I drank them to get my mana back up. I'm going to chase down some more keys, then try this barb in a game with 4 or 5 people waiting in town.

brom
01-24-2008, 11:05 PM
150 is way to low

Raven
01-25-2008, 03:06 AM
Wow amazing input....... not even an explination behind t or anythng.

Barloc
01-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Frenzy barbs are known for taking down ubers relatively well in the barb world...so you should be able to handle them.

Barloc has done it with a Conc barb, I remember. He said it was slower, but definitely capable.

As far as barbs go I've used a WW...just because it was the best character I had for them at the time.

Actually, I've been using the same WW BvB for like 2 years now. But ubering with him requires gear swaps, and the usage of Conc @ lvl one. (obviously higher with gear on).
------------CoH---Torch---Anni---NR/lvl12---Arreat---HL's---SS
Fire---------60----19------20-----58--------30------ --- =187

Cold--------60-----19------20-----58--------30------ ----60 =247

Lightning---60------19------20-----58--------30------30-----25 =247

Poison-----60-------19------20-----58--------30----- ----- =187

Also, 2 ravenfrost + Tgods (add cold/light sorb) + drac's fer Tap

Weapon......Beastz...lol? Works BETTER then ebotdz due to crushing blow!!
(yup I have most or the popular berzerker axes pebotdz-pgreifz and I still
prefer Beast this way.)

No complaints on res with this setup, could get UM's or even toss in Ort/Tal but I don't feel the need.

I think grief (especially phase)/ebotdz etc could outshine beast with Gulliams as the primary helm for damage.

Peace.

Btw, this is defineatly slow killing

JCBizzell012
01-31-2008, 11:55 PM
Is there a weapon that can be used that will have better benifits than Beast. The main benefit for beast is the fant aura. but im wondering if theres a weapon that can be used that will be better use.

Omnicide
02-01-2008, 12:38 AM
As far as Ubers go...the advantage he chose on Beast was the Crushing Blow...like he stated.

Barloc
02-01-2008, 03:32 AM
I think grief (especially phase)/ebotdz etc could outshine beast with Gulliams as the primary helm for damage.

Peace.

Btw, this is defineatly slow killing

Different combinations will yeild better results. Individual experience will vary.

Omnicide
02-01-2008, 04:25 AM
I know, he just stated that the reason you chose Beast was because it had Fana...which...definitely isn't the reason you chose it.

Barloc
02-01-2008, 11:14 AM
I know, he just stated that the reason you chose Beast was because it had Fana...which...definitely isn't the reason you chose it.

Post was toward bizzle. But yeah your right, however, fana made it another step more viable imo (also I had it in my back pocket anyway so...)

Busch
02-01-2008, 03:51 PM
I've made 13 successful runs now. The last two with CoH have worked very well. The only problem with this build, is that it's wicked expensive.
I'm going to try swapping some gear around now and see if I can come up with some other cheaper Uber killing combinations. I have a Death berserker axe that has been just taking up space. Seems kinda slow, but I might be able to make it work. I'm trying to figure out an alternative to the Last Wish, because it is a pain to come up with all the runes to make it.

If anybody has any ideas, let me know and I'll give them a try.

Omnicide
02-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Post was toward bizzle. But yeah your right, however, fana made it another step more viable imo (also I had it in my back pocket anyway so...)Yeah I know, we both discussed that point back when you made it. lol

Made out of the best materials you have........left.

@Busch...If you're going Frenzy then the lack of IAS on Death won't matter at all. Go ahead and use it...it's just as viable as LW for Frenzy. However if you take out LW I'm going to have to recommend Dracs...because you definitely need a source of Life Tap.

Busch
02-01-2008, 11:31 PM
@Busch...If you're going Frenzy then the lack of IAS on Death won't matter at all. Go ahead and use it...it's just as viable as LW for Frenzy. However if you take out LW I'm going to have to recommend Dracs...because you definitely need a source of Life Tap.

I'm already using Dracs. I'm going to need to find a way to up resists more since I'd be losing Fade with Last Wish also. Maybe a Treachery would work for that. Perhaps I could throw it on, get Fade rollin, then swap for CoH and quickly kill Mephisto.

Omnicide
02-02-2008, 12:17 AM
The Fade on Treachery or LW should last you well past Ubers, so go with that. It seems like a good enough idea.

Busch
02-06-2008, 03:03 PM
I just finished another run. This time I used a Death Berserker Axe, and a Death Colossus Sword. I made a Treachery out of a mage plate, and got Fade rollin, then swapped it out with the CoH. This combination seemed to work pretty well. Probably would have been better if I'd have had 2 Death Berserker axes, but the sword got the job done. I totally destroyed Mephisto in 44 seconds, then took on Baal and Diablo at the same time. Total run lasted 5 minutes and 5 seconds. I did have to drink a juvie before I got life tap casted on Mephisto, and I also had to drink two before I managed to get Baal and Diablo life tapped.

Currently I'm using 9 Sounding Grand Charms. For the next run I make, I'll try going without them. I'm also planning on ditching the Death Colossus Sword and getting another Death Berserker Axe.

If anybody has any other things they'd like me to try....just let me know.

Omnicide
02-06-2008, 07:43 PM
You really should use Beast along with the Death...as the Fanaticism helps with Death's crippling slow IAS, but if you managed I guess it works. I'm just thinking maybe a slow IAS is why your Tap isn't working as fast.

Busch
02-07-2008, 07:37 PM
You really should use Beast along with the Death...as the Fanaticism helps with Death's crippling slow IAS, but if you managed I guess it works. I'm just thinking maybe a slow IAS is why your Tap isn't working as fast.

That was definitely the case with the life tap. My attack was slower, so it just took longer to cast.

I just did a run using Beast/Death. It was my slowest run to date. It took just over 10 minutes. I'm guessing it was slower because my crushing blow % with the Beast/Death combo is lower. I didn't die or anything, but I just was not doing any damage. It took nearly 3 minutes to kill Mephisto.

Death/Death w/gores 115%
Beast/Last Wish (mine is a 67%) w/gores 102%
Beast/Death w/gores 85%

Where is crushing blow capped? I have a Guillaumes Helm that I could try. That would bump my crushing blow up.

Omnicide
02-08-2008, 03:56 AM
I don't think the CB% is that big a deal...as my smiter has around 50% CB and he kills Ubers like nothing. I figure about 50% of above is more than enough for the Ubers...at a certain point you have to worry about the speed of your swings, which is what you need to depend on with the Life Tap. I figure surviving is much more important than how fast you finish a run.

Death: 50% CB
Beast: 20% CB
Assuming Gores: 10%

Total CB=80%...easily enough to kill ubers relatively well.

CB is capped at 100%.

I dunno...Death/Death might yield more damage...but that slowness is something that turns me off when you account for Life Tap. I highly advise against Last Wish...mostly because I hate using breakable expensive axes for PvM.

Zarley
02-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Death: 50% CB
Beast: 20% CB
Assuming Gores: 10%

Total CB=80%...easily enough to kill ubers relatively well.

CB doesn't stack from different weapons. It's 30% CB on a Beast swing and 60% CB on a Death swing.

@Busch:
Did you have your Death equipped as primary? I could see where your swing speed would be terrible like that. You'd definitely want to take advantage of Beast's IAS by making it your primary weapon.

Omnicide
02-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Well damn it. Wish I knew that way back when. ._.; I take it that each weapon can get the CB bonus from non weapon means, right? So Guill's would still raise both.

Busch
02-08-2008, 07:47 PM
I did have Beast as my primary. Maybe I just had a bad run. I'm going to try the Beast/Death again.

Thanks for straightening out the Crushing Blow. I thought that it was a sum of all.

Omnicide
02-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Maybe Guill's would be a good option to use, since it'll raise your CB hit rate substantially.

Busch
02-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Maybe Guill's would be a good option to use, since it'll raise your CB hit rate substantially.

I can give it a try. I think I'll socket it and throw an UM rune in it.

Zarley
02-08-2008, 08:26 PM
While you're trying out different combos, you might try using Goblin Toes instead of Gores. Your raw damage takes a bit of a hit from the loss of 15% Deadly Strike, but you gain 10% CB to both weapons. And Dracs have more than enough Open Wounds so you won't miss that at all IMO.

Omnicide
02-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Eh...I wouldn't worry too much about raw damage...since it's only important once CB doesn't have any effect on the ubers.

Zarley
02-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Eh...I wouldn't worry too much about raw damage...since it's only important once CB doesn't have any effect on the ubers.

It directly affects how much life you regain via Life Tap/leech as well. You don't want to lose too much damage, although I'd guess that Toes for Gores is a good trade-off.

Omnicide
02-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I agree...DS isn't something you need to be dependent on in uber Trist. I know SOME raw damage is good because without it you couldn't finish the job that CB helped you do and, of course, the Life Tap situation.

In a brainfart I ALMOST recommended dual LW PBs...until I started thinking again.

Busch
02-09-2008, 04:23 PM
I tried the Beast/Death combo again. The result was the same. Very slow killing. I'm not sure why it's so slow??
I still have not given up on the Beast/Death combo though. Next run I'll try the Beast/Death along with an UM'd Guillaumes and some upped Goblin Toes. Hopefully the added Crushing Blow will allow my killing speed to increase.

I also rounded up another Death Berserker axe. The last Death/Death run I made worked very well. It should only get better with two axes compared to the axe and colossus sword I used last time. Maybe the Death/Death along with Guillaumes and Goblin Toes will be a winner.....

Update:

Well, I may have stumbled on to something thanks to Omnicide and Zarley.

I just made another run with the Beast/Death combo. This time I used a Guillaumes Helm and some upped Goblin Toes in place of the Gores/Arreats.
This combo worked very very well. I pounded Mephisto in 41 seconds, and finished the run in 3 minutes 55 seconds. Did not drink any juvies.

I also made another run with Death/Death Berserker axes along with Guillaumes and Goblin Toes. This combo slaughtered everybody too. Mephisto in 39 seconds and the total run in 2 minutes 49 seconds. I did have to drink 5 juvies with this setup though, because it took a little while to get Baal and Diablo life tapped.

I have also been using a Treachery mage plate to get Fade rollin then I swap to a CoH before I enter Tristram.

Anybody got anything else they'd like me to try?

Omnicide
02-09-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't think you can do much better than that. xD

As for Death or Beast on the second hand...I guess it's just what you value more...survival or killing speed.

I'm always for survival. I'm patient and willing to wait a bit if it means I come out without a scratch.

luke perryman
02-15-2008, 11:17 AM
concentrate all the way... virtually no mana cost and higher def while attacking...
in my opinion, best combat-based skill in the whole game

Omnicide
02-15-2008, 05:35 PM
That'd be nice...if it wasn't already proven to be slower than Frenzy. Life Tap means you don't have to worry so much about getting hit...as your insanely fast attacking refills your life with Frenzy. You can do it with Conc, too...but it's been proven slower.

Busch
02-16-2008, 04:47 AM
It would definitely be interesting to see how a conc barb made for Uber Tristram would do.

Omnicide
02-16-2008, 08:06 PM
As I've said before a couple pages back, Barloc made one and said he did ok with it. Nothing like a Frenzy though...they're proven more efficient.

Busch
02-16-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm not sure which post you are referring to. Barloc said in post #15 that he used a ww barb with one point in conc for his uber runs.
I'd like to see a pure conc barb setup for Uber Tristram.

Omnicide
02-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Eh, he tested if conc would work in ubers using one of his old ww barbs.

Barloc
02-17-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm not sure which post you are referring to. Barloc said in post #15 that he used a ww barb with one point in conc for his uber runs.
I'd like to see a pure conc barb setup for Uber Tristram.

Not much different than I already stated really. If you could uber with conc at base skill, then maxing it would simply make it a bit better. However, the skill is still slow, even at the best rate of speed (berzerker axe +125 ias for example)

Busch
02-21-2008, 07:14 AM
I've made 42 Uber runs with this barb now. In fact I lvl'd from 88 to 89 just doing Uber runs. Several runs were 4 player games where I took on all three ubers at once. My favorite gear setup ended up like this:

Guillaumes Face socketed with an UM rune
Beast Berserker Axe
Last Wish Berserker Axe
Chains of Honor Archon Plate
Steelrends
Goblin Toes upped to Mirrored Boots
Trang-Oul's Girth
Angelic Wings Amulet
2 Angelic Halo Rings
9 +5 Resist scs (1 with 5% FHR)
9 Sounding GCS (4 with 12% FHR) and (5 with +Life ranging from 17 to 33)
1 +20 Life 5% fhr sc
Anni 15/20
Barb Torch 12/20
2 +3 warcry weapons purchased from Larzuk on the switch.

With this setup i have 88% FHR and all of my resists are always maxed even with Mephisto's conviction. I have not been killed in 30 straight runs. I can easily make a solo run without drinking any pots. I usually keep a full belt just in case though. I also keep some ORT and some RAL runes in my stash because of the high repair costs of CoH, Beast, and Last Wish.
I have also made successful runs with Beast/Death and Death/Death. When I use those combos, I ditch the Steelrends for Dracs, and prebuff with a Treachery mage plate.

I'm probably driving the value of torches down on East Ladder because I've given like 30 away.

Barloc
02-22-2008, 02:54 AM
Nice layout there.

Quagm1r3
03-08-2008, 05:30 AM
I was wondering what merc you guys used for your uber barbs.

I read in the "Frenzy basher barb guide" at the top of the page that the best merc was holy freeze, contrary to my original idea to just use a might merc from nm. So what do you guys think is best?

And does holy freeze slow uber bosses as well as enemies?

Barloc
03-09-2008, 06:00 AM
I use might merc for everything, but really I don't depend on him either. He doesn't last long vs Ubers.

PS: And ah *cough* y'all remember I did mention using Gulliames in my initial post.

aznmatt001
03-23-2008, 02:10 AM
well if u need the res go 4 coh and u get more bo with it. but if u wanna kill faster i prefer fort.

Arulian
03-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Awesome thread; gave me a better understanding of what I should be aiming for in terms of gear.

I still have a question regarding Steelrends though; does the enhanced damage on them actually affect wielded weapon damage, or just the damage on the gaunts themselves? (i.e. if someone were to use them to punch with)

I know the 10CB and +Str are a nice bonus, I was just wondering if it was worth my time to search for a pair with high ED.

Thanks! :cool:

Busch
04-07-2008, 02:05 AM
I've managed to obtain the majority of the gear for another Uber barb. Since I've made over 60 runs without getting killed with my current build, I decided to use pretty much the same skill setup, with pretty much the same gear. I did find a Guardian Angel Templar Coat tonight, so I might give that a try. I like the +15 to maximum resists it has. I've also stumbled across two +15 resist +9 strength jewels. I'm thinking one of them in my helm and maybe one of them in the Guardian Angel. Now all I need to do is level up a new char. I wonder if it's possible to build a barb capable of taking on all three ubers in an 8 player game without drinking any pots???
:cool:

Phoenix13
04-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Ok here is my gear, tell me if it's good.
15/40 arreats
ap coh
griefz pb
lwpb
dungos
dracs
gores
2x almost perfect ravenfrost
some ar gcs
+2barb dual leech 25 all res +20 vit amy
20-20btorch
11-20 anni

Busch
04-30-2008, 02:53 AM
Turns out that the Guardian Angel isn't that great for an Uber Barb. It does work, but not nearly as well as a CoH. To take full advantage of it's +15 to max resists I had to carry an extra 14 +5 resist scs, which in turn meant that I had to leave 5 warcry gcs in the stash. Even carrying the extra scs to get 90 on all resists after Meph's conviction did not make much difference. So far nothing that I've tried works better than my current setup.

DarkPrinceLoki
05-17-2008, 05:52 PM
busch thanks to your superb advice (and the remake of my barb) i just ran the ubers with my lvl 72 barb for the first time. only took me 6 minutes (dodging minions mostly), and look what i found on my first try with the barb:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg171/LokiShinigami/Screenshot005-1.jpg

my axe mastery wasnt maxed and i had no +warcry charms or weapons. my guillime's face wasnt umed and my goblin toes wernt upgraded either. i have a question though, which is better goblin toes or goreriders (gives crushing blow, open wounds and deadly strike iirc)?

Omnicide
05-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Either works.

The CB applies to both, Death and Beast, and the OW is the only way to prevent the ubers from healing. Your DS looks a bit low so I'd say you'd get more help from Gores than Goblin Toes.

But, like I said, either works ok.

Busch
05-18-2008, 03:06 AM
Good job smokin the ubers. Torch looks good too.

As far as Gores vs Toes, it will not make much difference. Either one is an excellent choice. Omnicide said it well. I prefer the CB on Toes. The only other boots besides Gores and Toes that I've tried are Marrowwalks. If you look over the stats on Marrowwalks, you'll see why I tried using them.

Omnicide
05-18-2008, 04:27 AM
Hah...easy source of LT right there. I dunno though...I'd much rather fight off minions and wait for Tap to cast...doing a sort of chain effect until it gets to Meph and then going all out on him. I value the CB from Gores/Toes more than a LT charge, I suppose.

DarkPrinceLoki
05-18-2008, 04:43 AM
well you lose a little bit of CB with goreriders, but the 30% FR/W, open wounds and deadly strike would help a good bit for the trade off, but CB is what gets the job done. If i get my hands on some Ill give it a try. What do you use for key running, or do you just trade for organs?

Omnicide
05-18-2008, 05:10 AM
A barb should be able to get to the key places relatively simple. The only problem might be Countess and Nihlathak...unless you have tele+FCR.

And comparing the CB, alone, to DS/OW added...I'd have to go with Gores at first. 10% less CB at the cost of more damage mods and you could always use more OW to ensure they can't heal.

Busch
05-20-2008, 01:59 AM
well you lose a little bit of CB with goreriders, but the 30% FR/W, open wounds and deadly strike would help a good bit for the trade off, but CB is what gets the job done. If i get my hands on some Ill give it a try. What do you use for key running, or do you just trade for organs?

I just got done making 3 uber runs.
First run was with my standard setup. The run took 3 minutes 32 seconds and I drank 0 juvies.
Second run I just swapped upped Goblin Toes for some upped Gore Riders. The run took 4 minutes and 4 seconds, and I drank 0 juvies.
Third run I swapped out my 2 Angelic Halo's and my Angelic Wings for Two Raven's and a Highlords. (Ravens were 223 and a 202) I also swapped my Trang's belt for a Thundergods, and I kept the upped Gores. The run took 6 minutes 59 seconds and I drank 7 juvies. I was definitely not doing the kind of damage I do with my standard setup. Baal took a while to kill. I actually broke one of my axes and had to run to town to repair, which probably added 20 seconds to the run. I've had better luck using the dual Raven's/Highlords with a Death/Beast combo. I might give it a whirl with dual Death's tomorrow as well.

Also, as far as chasing down keys, I usually use my 93 hammer tosser, or my 95 ww barb. Either one works well. I just make a game, kill the Countess, then Andarial, then Summoner, then Mephisto, then Nihlathak if I'm using my barb. If I'm using my hammer tosser I kill Diablo then Nihlathak. I can usually pull enough keys for an uber run in about an hour. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I have a harder time finding ORT runes than keys. Lately I've just been muling gold from my hammer tosser to my uber barb because I haven't found any ORT runes in a while.

DarkPrinceLoki
05-20-2008, 02:53 AM
i find myself doing the same gold wise, but i got a friend that key runs frequently, now that i got the barb to handle the ubers. dont get me wrong i love using my necro for it, but the barb gets it done a whole lot faster. i get gold from baal runs with my other chars and my friends give me all the ral and orts i want in exchange for a chance to uberlvl and get a torch, its a good system i got with my friends. im their hero for giving them currency for getting end game gear now lol.

another question. taunt or bash? each one of these synergies brings alot to the table:

bash (double swing synergy) adds +10% damage per lvl
taunt (frenzy synergy) adds +8% damage per lvl

which would be better to drop the remainder of points into? bash adds damage to double swing which is the move you use to actually attack with, while taunt boosts damage to the skill that boosts damage output, which only boosts if its activated. it looks better on paper to go with bash or a 50/50 spit between them, but would it work better in-game?

MadMardegan
05-20-2008, 09:38 PM
I know it's severly clichéd but a smiter is definately the best (easiest) option for the ubers imo. I built a smiter recently and I have to say, it is the cheapest build I've ever made, mostly because I had most of the eq for him already but also cause the stuff is pretty cheap.

Helm - Guilluames (no sox)
Armor - Duress/Treachery for prebuff
Amu - Highlords
Weapon - Heaven's Light (no sox)
Shield - Zaka
Belt - Tgods
Gloves - Dracs
Boots - Gores
Rings - Raven/Bk
Torch/anni

Life is 1.6K and I still do fine, the first time I ever did the ubers I went in solo and was out in about 2 minutes, didn't die once :D I always thought gozu gear was vital but after this I think cheap and cheeful is a great way to go :)

DarkPrinceLoki
05-20-2008, 11:30 PM
no offense intended, but anybody can build a craplist, dirt cheap smiter and do ubers:

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=63770

but we (being the other barb users that posted in this thread already) like a build that requires a little more chest hair, hence the topic "uber Barb builds"

besides pallys are over used anyways ;P

Raine
05-20-2008, 11:51 PM
I saved an old member's guide to an Uber frenzy barb and it was very good, atleast to me it was. I dont know if I should post it without his permission tho..

If you can't post it then can you send it to me? :D

My cuz wants to start again with a frenzy barb. He had a decent one before but it has been a while and he can't remember it.

i still have his LW and doom axes :p

Busch
05-21-2008, 12:41 AM
another question. taunt or bash? each one of these synergies brings alot to the table:

bash (double swing synergy) adds +10% damage per lvl
taunt (frenzy synergy) adds +8% damage per lvl

which would be better to drop the remainder of points into? bash adds damage to double swing which is the move you use to actually attack with, while taunt boosts damage to the skill that boosts damage output, which only boosts if its activated. it looks better on paper to go with bash or a 50/50 spit between them, but would it work better in-game?

I only use Frenzy when I fight the Ubers. The only time I use double swing is when I'm trying to get fade to cast, or when I'm running from one uber to the next. So I'm all about adding points to Taunt.

Maybe I'll try a couple of Fury Berserker Axes and see what happens.

DarkPrinceLoki
05-21-2008, 02:45 AM
I only use Frenzy when I fight the Ubers. The only time I use double swing is when I'm trying to get fade to cast, or when I'm running from one uber to the next. So I'm all about adding points to Taunt.

Maybe I'll try a couple of Fury Berserker Axes and see what happens.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

OMG! I was thinking you used frenzy to boost your doubleswing's damage and speed . . . . . ive been doing this all wrong . . . . . . you dont have to use fury zerker axes, im still using the same setup you like, in the way I stated above. It still works regardless, maybe the next time I uber ill do just frenzy and see what happens.

Busch
05-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Looks like it is going to take a while for me to find a couple 3os berzerker axes. I might have to try to trade for a couple. Probably not that big of a deal if I don't try ubering with a couple Fury's right away.

I'm going to throw a Conc barb together specifically for ubering just so I'll have a real comparison of Conc vs Frenzy. I know people have done it with Conc barbs, but this one will be designed specifically to uber. Should be fun.
I'll post results when this barb is finished.

Omnicide
05-27-2008, 07:00 PM
I dunno about using Fury. I mean I know it adds OW and +5 to frenzy but...it really lacks on what really kills the ubers...CB. I really don't think the DS and more OW will cover for that.

._.;;

As for Conc vs Frenzy...Conc is doomed to be slower. xD

Busch
05-29-2008, 01:50 AM
I dunno about using Fury. I mean I know it adds OW and +5 to frenzy but...it really lacks on what really kills the ubers...CB. I really don't think the DS and more OW will cover for that.

That's why I need to try it. If i use Guillaumes and Toes i have 60% CB. So far my testing has shown that two LW's do not work very well, and they have excellent CB. I have used two Beast's with Dracs before, but I did not time the run. Next run I make I'll time with two Beast's and Dracs.

My initial Conc barb setup will use a Beast.....should be interesting.

Busch
05-31-2008, 04:30 AM
Initial results for my Conc Uber barb are in. I must say I'm very happy. I made the run at lvl 76 in 5 minutes 28 seconds. I'm pretty sure that with some more practice, I could probably do it in under 4 minutes. I guess I'm just too used to ubering with my Frenzy barb. I tried to take on Baal and Diablo at the same time which definitely cost me some time. I wasn't able to handle both of them at once, but I hung tough (drinking juvies) for a minute or so while I tried. I killed Mephisto in 44 seconds. Once I had Diablo alone I killed him in 39 seconds, and once I had Baal alone I killed him in 56 seconds. I also had a slight issue with Dracs casting Life Tap. Simply put, it would not cast hitting any of the ubers. I had to hit a minion for it to cast. I hadn't noticed that issue with my Frenzy barb using Dracs or LW.

Stats with gear @ lvl 76
Strength: 208 (just enough for gear)
Dex: 63 (no points added here)
Vitality: 421
Energy: 53 (no points added here)

Skills:
Maxed
Bash
Concentrate
Axe Mastery
Battle Orders

1 point in:
Howl
Battle Command
Iron Skin
Natural resistance
Stun

Rest:
Shout

Gear:
Chains of Honor (Treachery mage plate for Fade prior to entering the portal)
Guillaumes socketed w/ UM rune (I want to get another Guillamues and socket it with a 15Res/15%IAS jewel)
Beast (on switch 2 +3 WC weapons purchased from Larzuk 1 socketed with 2 FAL's the other with 2 open sockets)
Dracs
Goblin Toes upped
Trang's Belt
Angelic Wings
2 Angelic Halo's
Stormshield socketed with a Scintillating Jewel of Freedom (15Res/15% IAS....I coughed up a Tyreal's for this one)
14/17 Anni
19/18 B torch
8 +5 Res scs
2 +20 Life sc's
9 WC Gcs....4 12%FHR's 1 +4 str, 1 plain, 3 + lifers from 16-19 (I know I have a couple better ones on a mule but I went with what was handy)

I'll post more info after I've made some runs. Unfortunately I'm out of organs right now, so it's back to key chasin for a while.

DarkPrinceLoki
05-31-2008, 02:57 PM
i finally found found 2 +3 warcry weapons, a throwing spear and a balanced knife, which look retarded together, but they work. id rather 2 throwing spears but that will come later. next thing im looking for will be the warcry charms, and more organs. what's the average price for an organ set on USEast? Specifically, speaking. Hrs are noramally pul or higher, one time i got a set for a Ko rune, and another for an ist rune, but when i make the offer they want something higher.

for the AR required to hit the ubers, we've been using the angelic halo&wings combo. what about the highlord's & ravenfrost combo with a Mahim-oak Curio ammy?

The mahim-Oak Curio has a 10% bonus to AR, 10% boost to deffense +10 attributes and +10% to all resists, then all the bonuses of the highlords and ravenfrost. might have to change your belt since CBF is coverd .

Busch
05-31-2008, 10:58 PM
i finally found found 2 +3 warcry weapons, a throwing spear and a balanced knife, which look retarded together, but they work. id rather 2 throwing spears but that will come later. next thing im looking for will be the warcry charms, and more organs. what's the average price for an organ set on USEast? Specifically, speaking. Hrs are noramally pul or higher, one time i got a set for a Ko rune, and another for an ist rune, but when i make the offer they want something higher.

for the AR required to hit the ubers, we've been using the angelic halo&wings combo. what about the highlord's & ravenfrost combo with a Mahim-oak Curio ammy?

The mahim-Oak Curio has a 10% bonus to AR, 10% boost to deffense +10 attributes and +10% to all resists, then all the bonuses of the highlords and ravenfrost. might have to change your belt since CBF is coverd .

I don't know what a guy would expect to trade for an organ set. I usually just try to get keys. Lillith is the only one that can even do anything to an uber barb. If fade is cast you have plenty of time to get her life tapped so she doesn't present any real threat. Lately I've been running into clowns that think keys are worth a ton. For the most part I just deal with my friends. They give me keys, and I give them items that I've mf'd. I don't really mess with public trading that much. Too many people are greedy.

Here's a few Attack Rating stats with my Lvl 89 Frenzy Barb
2 Angelic Halo's and Angelic Wings: 16863
2 Raven's (223/20 and 245/20) and a Highlords 6402
2 Raven's (223/20 and 245/20) and a Mahim-Oak Curio 6711

Also just for the hell of it here's the stats enchanted with a demon limb. (I've never actually used a demon limb to enchant before fighting the ubers)
2 Angelic Halo's and Angelic Wings: 22130
2 Raven's (223/20 and 245/20) and a Highlord's 8360
2 Raven's (223/20 and 245/20) and a Mahim-Oak Curio 8778

I have not tried the Mahim-Oak Curio so I can't say for sure how well it works. I can give it a try if you don't want to waste the organs trying it yourself. Angelic Wings and 2 Halo's are definitely faster than a Highlords and 2 Raven's if you are using Beast and Last Wish. If you are thinking about giving it a try and swapping out Trang's belt, I'd recommend that you do not try Thundergod's unless you have 9 wc gc's. When using Thundergod's your Frenzy goes red and you get beat up while you are casting Fist of the Heavens. Which happens to be pretty often. It's not a huge deal if you have enough life, but kind of annoying. I wouldn't trade my Trang's for anything. Everybody always gives me a hard time about the Trang's. So far, nothing I have tried works better. If you insist on another belt, a dungo's is a good choice. Just make sure that you have some source of CBF. For some reason I still got frozen every once in a while with a Cham in my helm when I was still using an Arreats, so I have not messed with a Cham'd helm since.

Also...If you are seriously trying to find some GC's for your barb, hit me up and I'll give you a bunch of torches to trade. I usually just give them away. Typically I just keep the barb torches. Seems like people want Paladin torches pretty bad.

DarkPrinceLoki
06-01-2008, 04:22 AM
well it seems that regardless the angelic halo/wings gives the biggest AR boost, so nevermind swapping there, it was just a look see so people would know how much AR you need to do the ubers with. As far as I know, iirc 1 Pul = 1 key set, organ sets are anywhere between Ist and Lo. I'm specifically looking for 2 P torches (one with high resists the other high stats, with decent resists), i think 3, but at least 2 S torches, the higher the resist the better. in the past5 runs ive done ive gotten nothing but N torches, ranging from 16/18 to 20/20 (my personal necro's) basically giving them away for free, or at the most rals, orts and full juvies. lotta bad luck lol.

Busch
06-03-2008, 01:19 AM
I just made a run in 4 minutes 4 seconds on my Frenzy barb by swapping Last Wish with another Beast, Rends for Drac's, Trang's belt for Dungo's, Angelic Halo's for 2 Raven Frosts, and the Angelic Wings with a Highlords. This setup works pretty well. I also prebuffed with a Treachery Mage Plate for Fade.

I think that if I had only switched my Last Wish for another Beast, and my Rends for Drac's I might have been flirting with a low 3 minute/high 2 minute run. Unfortunately, I wasn't watching the clock for how long I fought each uber, but it seemed like I beat Mephisto in like 15 seconds.

I'm still looking for a couple 3 os berserker axes so I can give a couple Fury's a try.

theOG22093
06-03-2008, 03:15 AM
I just made a run in 4 minutes 4 seconds on my Frenzy barb by swapping Last Wish with another Beast, Rends for Drac's, Trang's belt for Dungo's, Angelic Halo's for 2 Raven Frosts, and the Angelic Wings with a Highlords. This setup works pretty well. I also prebuffed with a Treachery Mage Plate for Fade.

I think that if I had only switched my Last Wish for another Beast, and my Rends for Drac's I might have been flirting with a low 3 minute/high 2 minute run. Unfortunately, I wasn't watching the clock for how long I fought each uber, but it seemed like I beat Mephisto in like 15 seconds.

I'm still looking for a couple 3 os berserker axes so I can give a couple Fury's a try.

I've read through some of this thread, and just wondering, what's your best torch find so far?
*Josh is now a god*~500th post

DarkPrinceLoki
06-03-2008, 04:36 AM
20/20 necro torch. honorary mention goes to 17/19 barb torch (first time with my barb so i had to list it)

oldhippieman
09-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Hi i'm a noob so i'd like to say hi and that I have enjoyed readig this thread very much . I have been wanting to build an uber tristam barb 4 a while . I built a uber cb barb 4 killing Uber D 4 the anni charm. He does this very well normally in less than 2 min. Hes a conc barb but he can't do trist by himself. But i would be interested in building a frenzy barb 4 Uber Trist very much . I already have most of the gear that you all mentioned .And I like the sound of this build I only have 1 question why all the warcry Gcs . Are they 4 BC < BO < & Shout if thats the case I have a barb that only does those as a helper char. I have 2 accounts on my comp If thats the only reason 4 9 warcry Gcs on this build I could do his BC BO & Shout with my other Char and use the space 4 Masteries and Combat Gcs. Or is this noob missing something . Just thought i'd ask

Busch
09-05-2008, 06:14 AM
They WC gcs aern't absolutely necessary. I was just using them to up my BO so I had more life. You could probably ask Omnicide or one of the other more knowledgable barb guys what will give you the most life. I think that 37 +20 lifers will give you more than 9 WC gcs unless the WC gcs are high lifers. The main thing that you need to worry about is keeping your resists maxed. Use whatever charms it takes for that. Fill the rest of your inventory with anything that adds to life. My uber barb has 5456 life with my fav setup after BO.

Busch
09-29-2008, 02:14 AM
I haven't been playing much anymore since the ladder reset. However, as it turns out I've collected the majority of items to toss together another uber barb. I think I know a couple tweaks to my old build that should make it even better. I think I might be able to make a sub 3 minute run if I happen to stumble across a couple more items. I'll toss a post up when my new uber barb is finished here in the week or two. I'm expecting good results...........

bigalw1414
11-19-2008, 05:05 AM
I've put together the exact same setup as Busch for his Conc Barb, but I am getting decimated by Mephisto and his minions. I managed to only spawn Mephisto, but I am not leaching any life that I can see. What gives? I just used my only organ set, so am I just out of luck? I don't want to give up on my first uber chance, but I'm running out of options. What strategies can I use to get to Mephisto without his minions killing me first?

Busch
11-19-2008, 06:55 AM
I've put together the exact same setup as Busch for his Conc Barb, but I am getting decimated by Mephisto and his minions. I managed to only spawn Mephisto, but I am not leaching any life that I can see. What gives? I just used my only organ set, so am I just out of luck? I don't want to give up on my first uber chance, but I'm running out of options. What strategies can I use to get to Mephisto without his minions killing me first?

I when I uber with my conc barb I have to hit some minions to get life tap cast. For some reason, life tap has never cast for me when I just hit Mephisto, Diablo, or Baal. Maybe someone else can elaborate as to why it does not cast when hitting the ubers. I've always had to work on the minions a little bit to get it to cast. Once Life Tap is cast, you shouldn't have any trouble handling the ubers as long as you take them on 1 at a time with your conc barb.

For anybody else interested....here's the fastest uber killing setup I've managed to try yet. I made this run on my Non-Ladder Frenzy barb since I haven't been playing enough to collect all the gear for a new ladder barb. Best run was 2 minutes 18 seconds. Drank a couple juvies though.

Guillaumes Face socketed with a 15 res all +9 strength jewel
Beast Berserker Axe
Last Wish Berserker Axe
Duress Archon Plate
Venom Grip
Goblin Toes upped to Mirrored Boots
Trang-Oul's Girth
Angelic Wings Amulet
2 Angelic Halo Rings
10 +5 Resist scs (random stats)
9 Sounding GCS (random stats)
Anni 15/20
Barb Torch 12/20
2 +3 warcry weapons purchased from Larzuk on the switch.

I was casting Fade, enchanting with a Demon limb and BO'ing with 2 soj's, a +5 BO Delirium, arach's, highlord's, and a COH before swapping to above gear and entering the portal. I think that I could survive without drinking any juvies if all my WC gcs were 30+ lifers and if all my +5 resist all sc's were lifers. I could also swap in 10 +5 resist all scs after BO'ing, since my resists are not maxed with Mephisto's conviction with the above setup, but I haven't taken the time to ry it. I just knock down a couple juvies.

I have made several runs in the 2 minute 30 second range with this setup. It's all about maxing crushing blow for ubering speed with a Frenzy barb. If anybody has any suggestions or improvements or things to try let me know.

DarkPrinceLoki
11-20-2008, 06:43 PM
I just rebuilt mine for this season, using the following (and its all perfect stats on eq too, that's what took me so long to get it rebuilt): Guillaumes Face socketed with Um, Beast Berserker Axe, Last Wish Berserker Axe, Chains of Honor Archon Plate, Steelrends, Goblin Toes upped to Mirrored Boots, Trang-Oul's Girth, Angelic Wings Amulet, 2 Angelic Halo Rings, +2 Skills rare flail & +3 Warcry rare mace on switch, Various FHR and Resist charms. I got my organs, now I just got to get a full belt of Full Rejuvs, and i'll be all set. I'm thinking about timing it just to get a point of reference. I'll post results If anyone is interested.

XvX
11-20-2008, 11:51 PM
how would u (upped) Goblin Toes to Mirrored Boots?

Omnicide
11-21-2008, 12:43 AM
1 Tal Rune + 1 Shael Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Normal Unique Armor = Exceptional Version of Armor

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

bebemaster
12-29-2008, 03:21 AM
Would just like to say I found this thread to be a very interesting read. While I have not built this barb build I have what I feel to be a very similar druid fury build. Stacked resists, crushing blow, open wounds, lots of life, lifetap, and enough weapon damage to finish them off.

Omnicide
12-29-2008, 04:00 AM
Fury uberers work pretty much like zealers more than they do barbs. O_o;

Barloc
12-30-2008, 03:38 AM
How about wolfhowl/feral rage bar?

dainbramage
12-30-2008, 04:15 AM
More effective than frenzy/zeal/fury, less effective than smite.

Omnicide
12-30-2008, 04:23 AM
Really? I thought Feral Rage was slower than Frenzy/Zeal/Fury. How does it make up? ._.;;

dainbramage
12-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Barbs (and sins, but they are weaker in general) can hit 3 fpa with feral rage. Barbs need a modified WSM of -130 with a 1-hand swing, sins need a modified WSM of -130 with a claw. In english, that means barbs can use a 5-shael pb or 4-shael griz caddy, and sins have to use a 3-shael artisan's (or jeweller's) greater/runic talons of quickness.

Barbs are stronger in general, as a griz caddy actually has the potential to deal some damage.

For posterity, 3fpa feral rage puts out 60% more hits than an 8/4 zeal (8 hits vs 5 in a 24-frame time period).

Barloc
01-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Barbs (and sins, but they are weaker in general) can hit 3 fpa with feral rage. Barbs need a modified WSM of -130 with a 1-hand swing, sins need a modified WSM of -130 with a claw. In english, that means barbs can use a 5-shael pb or 4-shael griz caddy, and sins have to use a 3-shael artisan's (or jeweller's) greater/runic talons of quickness.

Barbs are stronger in general, as a griz caddy actually has the potential to deal some damage.

For posterity, 3fpa feral rage puts out 60% more hits than an 8/4 zeal (8 hits vs 5 in a 24-frame time period).

Wow- I just xfer'd wolfhowl and a griz caddy, put in the 4 sheals in it.

O M G soooo fast! I think I'm gonna make this. I just started a new Barb, named him - Barf. You like? I was surprised it was available lol.

I've seen a few guides and sparse info on this, but I suppose the key thing to know is that it must be "on weapon IAS". I dunno about fanatasism on merc tho (I don't like depending on them anyway).

Omnicide
01-05-2009, 05:08 AM
My only question dealing with shael'd PBs....the damage must suffer, right? ._.;

Is it overcome by the fact the barb swings crazy fast?

I've just never gotten the craze over shael'd PBs except for the speed.

Edit: Bah everyone's talking about gris weapon...no wonder it's doing damage.

Barloc
01-05-2009, 06:20 AM
Even with griz it's fun but low. I tried it out on my IK barb since he's mace, but items like gores, HL, dracs, fort etc, etc would probably help alot. Phoenix shield could be nice I suppose on build with a griz, maybe duress too with the extra OW/CB--- I'm just guessing at this point.

Busch
01-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Anybody tried ubering with a Wolfhowl and a Shael'd Griswold's Redemption? Looks to me like it could work. My only mace barb is a Titan, which probably isn't the best for ubering. Now I really want to know if the Wolfhowl/Griswold's Redemption would work for ubering.

Somebody try it before I have to make a new char.

alexmb1314
01-06-2009, 09:08 PM
hey im alex...im using ur build for a frenzy barb and ive just got a quick question.... about how much str and dex do i need to wear the gear you listed?

Omnicide
01-06-2009, 11:05 PM
hey im alex...im using ur build for a frenzy barb and ive just got a quick question.... about how much str and dex do i need to wear the gear you listed?As much strength as it takes for you to wear the highest str gear and as much dex as it takes to wear the highest dex gear.

Seriously people...USE THOSE GREYISH PINK ORGANS THAT SIT IN YOUR SKULLS.

alexmb1314
01-08-2009, 01:12 AM
i was asking because i dont have the gear yet and i dont want to have to make another char because i dont have enough strength or dex........i was just looking for an estimate of how much you might need

Omnicide
01-08-2009, 03:21 AM
Well it's not like you'd be building it before you have the gear so......wait?

Busch
01-08-2009, 06:24 AM
hey im alex...im using ur build for a frenzy barb and ive just got a quick question.... about how much str and dex do i need to wear the gear you listed?

Sounds like a fair enough question to me.

Short answer.....depends on your gear.

The answer you want goes something like this:

First you need to know what gear you are going to use. Frenzy barbs uber very well and can use all sorts of gear. This thread only illustrates some of the things that have worked for me. My gear suggestion for an uber barb that is has great survivability and kills fast would look something like this:

Guillaumes Face socketed with an UM rune or a 15resist/9strength jewel
Beast Berserker Axe
Last Wish Berserker Axe
Chains of Honor Archon Plate
Steelrends
Goblin Toes upped to Mirrored Boots (upping doesn't really matter)
Trang-Oul's Girth
Angelic Wings Amulet
2 Angelic Halo Rings
10 +5 Resist scs
9 Sounding GCS
Anni
Barb Torch
2 +3 warcry weapons on the switch.

If you go with that setup, you'll need to get to 103 base strength to equip COH which is the first item that adds strength. Once you can equip COH the +20 strength will allow you to equip Guillaumes. Once you have Guillaumes the +15 strength (24 strength if using the 15resist/9strength jewel) will allow you to equip Beast. If your Beast is +38 strength or above and you used the 15resist/9strength jewel in the Guillaumes you are all set and can equip Rends. If not you still have to add a few more points.

Dexterity will be pretty minimal. The only thing that needs dex is the axes and they both only require 59. Angelics will give you 10 so you'd have to have a low anni and a low torch in order to have to add any dex.

Best case scenario with perfect torch and anni with no other +strength charms plus the 15resist/9strength jewel in the Guillamues and a +38-40strength Beast you will need to add 33 points to strength and 0 to dex.

Worst case scenario with horrible torch and anni no other +strength charms an UM rune in your Guillaumes and a +25strength Beast you will need to add 75 to strength and 9 to dexterity.

So, I'd say if you decide to use the above gear you are looking at adding 33-75 strength and 0-9 Dexterity.

Perfect stat placement isn't critical to your success. In fact My lvl 89 Frenzy barb with over 100 uber runs has several wasted stat points. Wasted points are't all bad though. The extra strength has allowed me to test all kinds of gear combinations that would have been impossible otherwise.

Naked stats are
115 str
22 dex
393 vit
and 10 energy

Hope this helps............

alexmb1314
01-09-2009, 01:21 AM
ya thats perfect....thanks
:D

Barloc
01-17-2009, 11:49 PM

Just wondering, is there an accurate way/clac to confirm this???

bruins46
01-18-2009, 01:57 AM
Just wondering, is there an accurate way/clac to confirm this???

i have been playing this build and i am wondering if there is a good alternative to last wish?because this is a little out of my price range.i would also know what you think about me using an arreats face instead of guiillames?im not sure i spelled that right but yeah.thanks

Omnicide
01-18-2009, 02:45 AM
Guillaume's would be the better helm because the most damage you do is via CB, not pure damage. That only comes in at the end, when CB doesn't do all that much.

Alternative to LW would be...Black, Stormlash, anything with a significant amount of CB.

bruins46
01-18-2009, 05:31 AM
thank you omnicide

vaiku
01-20-2009, 08:50 PM
hyped to make an uber barb myself, quick question

im on us west NL. how much should I expect to pay for some of that stuff? particularly stuff like Eth BeastZ, Eth LWzerker, etc?

mlakrid
01-20-2009, 09:45 PM
GREAT READ... Read all 11 pages... and now I am going to build a frenzy Barb for sure...

My highest char to date is my 76th WW BARB, and I can do MF runs with no issues using all my MF gear on with one exception to get the DEX I need for my Shaeled Nord's I have to use Cats Eye AMU...

Question: How easy are NM MF Runs? I.E. how long would you expect it to take to do a single Trav / Meph ?

Just Curious!

THanks!

Mike A!
Land O Lakes, FL

jrob624
01-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Death berserker axe in etheral format would be a good replacement for Last wish i believe. Good CB 50% and DS based on character Level. Requirments -20% and +20% to AR with Mana Leech and CTC procs along with a lvl 22 blood golem you can use too.

if you use guiallaume's you could use grief which does some sweet damage, DS 20%, ignore targets defense, 30-40 IAS, Prevent Monster Heal and enhanced damage to demons depending on character level. you would have decent CB due to Guiallaumes and Goblin Toe 40%.

NM Mephy runs depending where the Wp and Durnace entry to lvl 3 are shouldnt take very long at all 30 seconds Trav should be around the same too.

Omnicide
01-20-2009, 10:05 PM
The reason I left out Death as a choice was because it seemed like he didn't have that sort of wealth lying around. Granted, Death is a lot cheaper than LW, but I figured I'd list some lower tier weapons that can get the job done.

On another note......why is there talk about NM MF Meph/Trav runs with an uber barb? ._.; It's specialty isn't MFing. If we're looking to MF with a barb, I might make a guide for that considering I've been using a pretty decent MF/GF barb.

vaiku
01-21-2009, 02:02 AM
since Beast is mainly for the CB, would it be fine to put the runeword Beast in a Naga?

Omnicide
01-21-2009, 02:57 AM
Eh...you need SOME pure damage to finish off the ubers. CB only lowers them greatly to that point...it's pure damage that does the rest. ._.;

I'd HIGHLY recommend a zerker...but if you REALLY don't care about the damage...go for it, I guess.

vaiku
01-21-2009, 03:09 AM
well, not sure what a beastZerker and LWZerker run for, and no one seems to want to tell me a price. they all just want me to offer and leave when i tellt hem i honestly dont know the price.
Im sure i could atleast afford the Beast. im on USWest NL, and i can easily get 30+ hrs.

mlakrid
01-27-2009, 08:53 PM
On another note......why is there talk about NM MF Meph/Trav runs with an uber barb? ._.; It's specialty isn't MFing. If we're looking to MF with a barb, I might make a guide for that considering I've been using a pretty decent MF/GF barb.

I was asking because the build is VERY similar to a normal Frenzy Barb build and if it can be adapted, then I could use it for both and simply switch out the gear... not sure how feasible this is...

But I figured I would ask and see if anyone would respond...

OR... if someone has suggestions on a MF/GF Frenzy Barb build Im all ears...

Mike A!

Omnicide
01-27-2009, 09:01 PM
It's REALLY hard to make an active MF/GF barb successful while also being the main killer.

Closest thing I can recall is to have some MF gear with your weapon setup...get the boss or whatever to low health and finish them off with two MF weapons for the MF drop.

mlakrid
01-28-2009, 12:40 PM
It's REALLY hard to make an active MF/GF barb successful while also being the main killer.

Closest thing I can recall is to have some MF gear with your weapon setup...get the boss or whatever to low health and finish them off with two MF weapons for the MF drop.

Maybe you could make that Frenzy MF build you were talking about?

MikeA!

Omnicide
01-28-2009, 10:17 PM
My MF build doesn't revolve around the barb attacking at all. The merc does the killing.

The barb is, more or less, an MF backpack that searches the dead bodies afterwards.

Think GF barb only with some MF on it.

dainbramage
01-28-2009, 11:41 PM
I could see a tomb reaver whirler being a decent MF toon... problem is that the equip for the toon is going to cost a bit.

mlakrid
01-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, can I ask one of you two to give some pointers on a decent MF'er Barb? <<<ON ANOTHER THREAD>>> Sorry for the temporary Hijack...

Mike A!

jrob624
02-02-2009, 05:11 PM
I know this is not feasible but what about a frenzy barb weilding 2 last wish zerkers? he would be able to kill in hell.

Omnicide
02-02-2009, 06:09 PM
What's not feasible about it? A duel LW frenzy barb isn't unheard of.

@Mlakrid...Make a new thread about it, I'll answer what I can...the next time I can get onine. (Tomorrow afternoon)

jrob624
02-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Im just saying realistically without dupes and such i dont see anyone getting the runes to make 2 last wish weapons. Off top of my head frenzy mf barb ..... 2 last wish zerkers, enigma, shako, war travs, goldwrap and chance guards should be around 300+ magic find ... rings and ammy would need some leeching and resists. very expensive but possible i guess.

Omnicide
02-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Ah making them from scratch with zero things to trade with, yes it can get a bit hard, plus the fact that LW is the most expensive weapon to make.

Personally I never liked the damage/mf switch MF barbs...just got too annoying to me. I always preferred the build basing the barb as pretty much an MF boost with the ability for double drops. Of course, both work.

jrob624
02-03-2009, 04:32 PM
since i just made a frenzy barb I might play around and see what kind of MF i can muster and still kill effectively in hell. I dont have LW so well see what happens. I will post my findings in a new thread for MF barbs. you can add what you think on the matter then omni.

Omnicide
02-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Well I figure with normal MFing as long as you have leech, CB and some decent damage, you should be just fine.

I mean...my old old MF barb used BotD and Doom on switch and he did....decently, so I'm sure a better one could do the job just as well.

bdkies
02-18-2009, 04:37 PM
I managed to wrestle up a CoH. I also swapped a few charms around.
Now my resists are 202 with Fade.
BO is lvl 44
FHR is 88%
Attack Rating is 19103
Life is 5719

I'll post the results for this run.

The CoH seemed to work well. I solo'd Uber Tristram in 4 minutes 12 seconds. I did drink 4 juvies though. I had to drink 1 before I got Mephisto life tapped. I could have gotten by without drinking the other three, but Baal drained my mana a few times. Since I was only carrying full juvies, I drank them to get my mana back up. I'm going to chase down some more keys, then try this barb in a game with 4 or 5 people waiting in town.

My setup is a little bit the same. I use Fort though instead of CoH. I like the defense I get from Fort. My resists aren't hurting that bad really. I um'd my arreats and use torch. I do runs with a buddy so he can keep game open while I grab torch. Someone mentioned using laying of hands bramble mitts instead of Drac's since I have LW. Think I might try that.

The only prob my barb seems to have is on Baal when he is the last one remaining. He can almost out regen my dmg. Which Im not understanding why completely. Omni thought it could be OW and that might be it. I have 80cb 30ow I do almost 7k dmg with 15k attack.

My gear is as follows:
Um'd Arreats
AP Fort
LW Zerker axe
Ebotd Zerker axe
Verdungos
Drac's (currently)
Gore riders
Metalgrid
2x 249AR Ravens

I got my inventory jacked plum full of AR charms. I thought at first it was because I wasn't hitting them enough. Once Baal is down to about 5% life he sometimes regens back on me if I am doing by myself. I would like to get that taken care of in case I need to do a run by myself.

As far as survivability I never die in torch runs. I am trying to think of the last time Ubers killed me. Had to have been over 6 runs ago. I just don't take much dmg at all. That is why I prefer the Fort to the CoH. Between the loss in the Defense (500 or so) I don't think its worth the extra 30 or whatever to all resists that the CoH gives over fort. I don't have trouble with meph's conviction aura. Just need either more dmg or more OW or something thats missing im not quite sure what.

mlakrid
02-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Compare the armors:
Chains of Honor 4 Socket Body Armor Dol + Um + Ber + Ist
+2 To All Skills
+200% Damage To Demons
+100% Damage To Undead
8% Life Stolen Per Hit
+70% Enhanced Defense
+20 To Strength
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +65
Damage Reduced By 8%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Fortitude:
Fortitude 4 Socket Body Armor El + Sol + Dol + Lo

Body Armor
20% Chance To Cast Level 15 Chilling Armor when Struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
+300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+X To Life (Based on Character Level)*
Replenish Life +7
+5% To Maximum Lightning Resist
All Resistances +25-30 (varies)
Damage Reduced By 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 To Light Radius

You lose 35 resists... and that is with the BEST Fort Possible... add in the 200% damage to demons mod on CoH and personally I see no reason anyone should wear Fort if doing Ubers...

Thats just the MATH talking though... I have yet to do my first solo Uber run...

Cheers...

Mike A!

Busch
02-19-2009, 01:01 AM
My setup is a little bit the same. I use Fort though instead of CoH. I like the defense I get from Fort. My resists aren't hurting that bad really. I um'd my arreats and use torch. I do runs with a buddy so he can keep game open while I grab torch. Someone mentioned using laying of hands bramble mitts instead of Drac's since I have LW. Think I might try that.

The only prob my barb seems to have is on Baal when he is the last one remaining. He can almost out regen my dmg. Which Im not understanding why completely. Omni thought it could be OW and that might be it. I have 80cb 30ow I do almost 7k dmg with 15k attack.

My gear is as follows:
Um'd Arreats
AP Fort
LW Zerker axe
Ebotd Zerker axe
Verdungos
Drac's (currently)
Gore riders
Metalgrid
2x 249AR Ravens

I got my inventory jacked plum full of AR charms. I thought at first it was because I wasn't hitting them enough. Once Baal is down to about 5% life he sometimes regens back on me if I am doing by myself. I would like to get that taken care of in case I need to do a run by myself.

As far as survivability I never die in torch runs. I am trying to think of the last time Ubers killed me. Had to have been over 6 runs ago. I just don't take much dmg at all. That is why I prefer the Fort to the CoH. Between the loss in the Defense (500 or so) I don't think its worth the extra 30 or whatever to all resists that the CoH gives over fort. I don't have trouble with meph's conviction aura. Just need either more dmg or more OW or something thats missing im not quite sure what.

Looks like a decent setup. Basically here's the deal. Defense doesn't really matter when ubering. You are going to get hit. You just need to be able to get some of it back via life tap. That's why I recommend a skill placement that focuses on Life (BO) and Increasing your Frenzy damage (DS and Taunt) Notice shout and Iron Skin only have 1 point because that is all that is needed. I'd recommend something like this:

Maxed
Double Swing
Frenzy
Battle Orders
Axe Mastery

1 point
Bash
Double Throw
Iron Skin
Natural Resistance
Howl
Shout
Battle Command

Rest
Taunt

If you want to fix your problem with Baal, you just need to swap the EDOTD for a Beast (OW) and Baal won't give you any more trouble. You'll also find that a COH is a better armor that Fortitude for ubering. If you swap the Fort for a COH and the EBOTD for a Beast, your ubering speed will increase by quite a bit. If you insist on keeping the EBOTD, you might try swapping to Laying of Hands, but I doubt it would help much (haven't tried LoH with EBOTD though). Laying of Hands does work pretty well with Beast and LW though. Personally I gave up trying to uber with EBOTD because it just doesn't work very well. Also two LW's don't work very well either. Beast and LW is the hot setup.

jrob624
02-19-2009, 05:05 PM
would swapping out one raven ring for natures peace stop baal from regenerating? if so might be worth a try.

bdkies
02-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Well i switched out my Dracs for Laying of Hands. Im going to try that and see if it helps. It sure seemed to help on the organ runs. However I didn't have any troubles with those before.

Im not saying that CoH doesn't make more sense in the instance, Im just saying im using fort and having 0 troubles surviving. Im not even taking any dmg Im not sure why. But lifetap regens me back the 5-10% life loss I have before I ever get hit. So my life bar never creeps below 90% it seems.

Like I said from a survivability standpoint what I have is bar none. That's why I didn't want to change much from what I had. I think the change from dracs to laying of hands will be just what I need. A tad more IAS and some %dmg done to demons. Will help me finish off the last of their hp's.

I haven't had a chance to do a torch run with it yet but I will report and tell you guys what happened. I may re-roll this guy though, as I didn't have the proper gear set up when I started him I used quite a few extra points in Str and Dex I didn't need and I also think I bogarted some valuable skill points. I put a few into Iron skin and Natural resistances. When I think I should have only put 1 into them and let +to skills do the rest.

Omnicide
02-20-2009, 04:01 PM
If you get rid of Dracs you lose the ONLY source of LT you have, thus DRASTICALLY cutting down your survivability.

bdkies
02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Last Wish is in my main hand. Proc's like a 3 peckered billy goat!

Omnicide
02-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Ah ok, that's right. I forgot you were running LW/BotD.

bdkies
02-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Ya, im using the crutch lol. But for an Ubers char I don't mind. Whatever it takes to get the job done. Im really anxious to get home and try him on an ubers run tonight though. I finally unloaded enough torches I can do a few runs.

The Dracs were about the only piece of gear I could change out without messing up the whole situation. Maybe the Ravenfrosts as well but I got such high ones and when you add on 249 and 250 dex it makes a big difference on AR.

Sad thing is the Barb is 10 times better at running ubers then my smiter was. He is just a lot more durable. less defense by a long shot too. Just doesn't take as much dmg. My smiter used to get hit hard and take like 70% of his life and if I didn't tap in time I was dead. This guy is just a machine. He never goes below 50% with 2 people in game.

DLS
03-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Great thread. Well done on your build advice for ubers!

Omnicide
03-01-2009, 10:08 PM
I personally think Busch should make a guide about it....or edit his first post to describe all those uber choices we've had over the course of the thread and how it all works. xD

Busch
03-03-2009, 02:10 PM
I personally think Busch should make a guide about it....or edit his first post to describe all those uber choices we've had over the course of the thread and how it all works. xD

You should write the guide. Just put.....there are hundreds of things that will work when ubering with a barb. Here's the basic outline.

I. Lifetap
II. Crushing blow
III. Resistances
IV. Collect Torch

Omnicide
03-04-2009, 01:09 AM
But....knowing me I'd turn that simple outline into a 50 page essay. ._.;

borngodlike
05-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Lets keep this thing going

I have a question, me AR is WAY LOW for some reason. I followed all ur advice heres my gear

Guil helm
highlords
beast Z mainhand
LWZ offhand
ap COH
dungos
perf raven
dracs
goblin toes
bk ring

charms

btorch
anni
+2 str sc
100 psn/2str sc
100 psn sc
5 all res sc
8fhr/7 all res LC

any help?

Omnicide
05-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Because if you're going to use Highlord's you pretty much have to dedicate two ravens to the ring slots.

But overall, dual Angelics is king.

borngodlike
05-23-2009, 06:04 PM
ok but the op said somewher earlier that his AR was around 8k with my setpu. i have 4k. ive talked to a few good barbs, they have no clue. skills are right, gear and stats are right. wtf?!

Omnicide
05-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Maxed Frenzy/Double Swing/the matching weapon mastery?

Using AR charms?

borngodlike
05-23-2009, 07:08 PM
yep maxed those

no AR charms, however. does it really make that big of a difference? essentially doubling my AR?

Omnicide
05-23-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm not sure about doubling, but it should add a substantial boost.

borngodlike
05-27-2009, 06:48 PM
k sqwitched a few things up, have 13k AR 6.5k life, ridiculous KB. first try at uber didnt die, no juvies, and killed in under 4 mins
got most of my info from this guide. wow, this frenzy barb RAPED uber

o yeah killed meph in like 5 seconds :P

Omnicide
05-27-2009, 07:09 PM
....You meant, CB, Crushing Blow, right? Just making sure.

Other than that, glad it all worked out for you.

Methinks I'm gonna put this in the archive. The question is to put it as part of the info part or the character guides part.

ISO: opinions.

borngodlike
05-27-2009, 07:40 PM
yes crushing blow my bad i think i was just looking at knock back gloves so kb stuck :P

Omnicide
05-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Ok phew. I was gonna say. lol

Whoyoube
08-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi, so im sick and tired of doing ubers with my smiter.. sick of pallies lol..so im wanted to start doin uber trist with a barb.. i have an alright amount of cash for gear but not alot. i have a grief PB on smiter and im looking a good setup for uber trist where i can use my grief PB and not use a Lastwish **to much money** ...can anyone help me on a good setup for this ...or am i just going to have to make two new wepons for uber trist?

Omnicide
08-19-2010, 02:04 PM
The things you want to kill ubers are:

Life Tap
Crushing Blow
Open Wounds
225 res, total
Cannot Be Frozen

I'll let you figure out how to go about it on a barb.